The operating system Kali Linux, which is based on Debian, was created especially for security audits, digital forensics, and penetration testing. Due to its comprehensive range of built-in capabilities and simplicity of use, it is a favourite among security experts and hackers alike. A number of new features and enhancements have just been added to the already feature-rich operating system with the release of Kali Linux 2023.1.
In this blog post, we will explore the new features and changes in Kali Linux 2023.1, which is now available in Purple Distro.
The first version of 2023 and the project's 10th anniversary, Kali Linux 2023.1, was made available by Offensive Security with a new distribution named Kali Purple that is targeted towards Blue and Purple team members for defensive security.
A new colour scheme called Kali Purple was included to Kali Linux 2023.1. The purple theme is intended to give the desktop a more sleek, contemporary look. A dark purple backdrop, white and purple icons, and purple accents are all features of the new theme.
Kali Linux 2023.1 has a new default Python version in addition to the new look. The most recent standard Python version is 3.10. To stay current with the most recent Python version and to guarantee that Kali Linux users have access to the most recent Python features and upgrades, this change was done.
Image Source :- Kali Linux
A variety of new tools and improvements to current tools are included in Kali Linux 2023.1. With Kali Linux 2023.1, new utilities like the following are among them:
1. CloudFail - A reconnaissance tool called CloudFail may be used to learn more about a target's cloud infrastructure. This instrument can assist in locating possible security holes in cloud-based systems.
2. Subdomain3 - Subdomain3 is a tool that may be used to discover subdomains for a specified domain. For scouting and identifying probable targets for an attack, this tool might be helpful.
3. Sysinternals Suite - Advanced system utilities for Windows are included in the Sysinternals Suite. Advanced system analysis and troubleshooting may benefit from the usage of this tool.
Image Source :- Kali Linux
In addition to new tools, Kali Linux 2023.1 also includes updates to existing tools. Some of the updated tools are:
1. Metasploit - For creating and running exploit code against a remote target, Metasploit is a well-liked framework. A new REST API is one of many enhancements and new features in the most recent version of Metasploit.
2. Wireshark - A network protocol analyzer called Wireshark may be used to record and examine network data. The most recent version of Wireshark supports brand-new features and protocols.
The operating system's existing feature-rich version, Kali Linux 2023.1, has seen a big update. This release includes a number of new features, including the default Python version and the new Purple theme. Kali Linux is now even more effective as a tool for security experts and hackers alike thanks to new features and modifications to old ones.
Image Source :- Kali Linux Wallpapers
If you already use Kali Linux, it is advised that you update to version 2023.1 in order to benefit from the updated features and enhancements. If you haven't tried Kali Linux yet, now is a fantastic opportunity to do so and discover what all the excitement is about.
If you want to download Kali Linux 2023.1 for the Purple Distro or find out more about it, visit the Purple Distro website or the official Kali Linux website.
DISCLAIMER: This Article is for EDUCATIONAL PURPOSE only. Don't use the given information for illegal activities. Your are the only responsible for your actions !